Happy Day

Friday, November 12, 2010

Got any tortilla chips....

...to go with some guacamole?

B3 is now the size of an avocado! And it's a bit of a hassle lately! Morning sickness and...well, my newly protruding stomach is getting in the way. Thanks to my home fetal doppler, we've been able to listen in to the little heartbeat of our avocado. It's simply wonderful to hear!!

In my many attempts to domesticate myself, I've learned things about myself. Firstly, I'm not good at domesticities. Today, while attempting to cook dinner--delicious artichokes, which we love AND which I've successfully made a few times--I spilled scalding water down my arm and on to my belly. Jeff saved the artichoke and I went to the bedroom and sobbed. Not because of the burn. Not because of the hurt. Not because I almost lost my artichoke to the kitten-fur-filled floor. Just because. Lovely. My husband will either go insane with my emotional roller coaster or he'll never come home from work ever.

Second, I'm just no good at it. Wait...did I say that before? In any case....I put off my laundry for weeks (essentially, my laundry is never done). Dishes stack up to the ceiling before I begrudgingly clean them. And I empty the dishwasher as we eat. Jeff has a lot of patience.

Tomorrow I am making a pot roast. But I have no potatoes. So...technically...I am NOT making a pot roast. Groan. Pork Chops it is.

Monday, I have a dentist appointment to get a filling refilled. It fell out sometime last week and I've had a temporary put in since Tuesday last. O joy!! Another lovely pregnancy side effect.

B3 can hear through the tummy now. I'm signing off and playing a bit of Tim McGraw to serenade Avocado. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment