Happy Day

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Bike...

It felt awesome popping my bike up onto the back of my brand new Escape. I stood back and gawked for a while. That's the way an SUV is supposed to look. Like it has purpose. And I wanted to put off the actual ride. I put it off a bit too long, but it felt great.

I love biking. It takes away the mundane that is running. The slow that is running and the lack of breeze that is running. It provides struggle (up a hill...) and built in breaks (...down a hill), breeze from your speed alone. Incroyable. Best. Investment. Ever.

Dinner will be around 9PM, but I'm glad my bike ride didn't start and end in the hottest part of the day. My legs feel good. My back does not feel so good. My lungs feel good. I'll be back on next week. (Hey, I can't overdo it!!)

So if any of you out there don't already, get a bike. It brings back your childhood (just a little bit). It's more interesting exercise than an elliptical or a treadmill or a recumbant bike at the gym. Find a trail, an empty road and ride. Ride like the wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment