Happy Day

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Long Awaited update!



Well, it's been at least 6 weeks since I last posted an update. A lot has changed obviously! 26 weeks and 1 day along as it stands. 6 days left of the second trimester and 97 days left in the entire pregnancy. And I have no complaints! God is either tricking me into thinking this pregnancy thing is easy (therefore having my 4 should be a breeze) and has an awful plan to say "HAHA" next time...or people make it sound worse than it is to make it seem wonderful to first timers!

Other than worries about the sheer amount of weight I've gained, nothing is wrong. Ok, so I'm struggling to get comfortable sleeping, but it's not as bad now as it was before. I'm dealing with a few well-placed (and when I say well placed, I mean terribly placed) kicks and jabs into vital organs from B3.

I enjoy seeing him move...and he's oh so very active. It's simply the most wonderful joy so far! No doubting he's in there now!

His nursery is coming together very nicely. A wall painted. A trundle bed placed (mainly for Bonne Maman). A lovely dresser for his scads of clothing. Just have to put up the wall decorations and I'm trying to talk myself out of spending even more cash on wooden wall letters spelling out his name (which, by the way, we've finally agreed upon...but shhhh! it's a secret!).

Here's a picture of his sleeping quarters:

I think it's turning out just lovely...and I think he'll like it when he makes his appearance!

Jeff and I are taking our last plane trip, pre-baby, to California. We'll visit Great Grandma Baxter and then make our way up to the Bay Area, where we'll visit with family and meet B3's youngest older cousin, JR. I'm so excited!

We're three weeks removed from getting to see B3 again on an ultrasound. After receiving news of choroid plexus cysts on B3's brain, the doctors requested we make another appointment. They also insisted that these cysts are very common and that we shouldn't worry about it. Can't say that I haven't worried about it. *Sigh*

Time is really flying by.....soon enough, I'm going to be a Mom. That thought frightens and excites me at the same time!

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Cate, you and Jeff are going to be wonderful parents. B3 comes from good stock, interesting, intelligent and talented parents. Not to mention good looking on top of all that. Enjoy your California trip and give my hello's to Jeff's mother. She's some lady!

    ReplyDelete